Fostering Hope is governed by a National Board of Directors, responsible for the mission and strategic direction, and an operating board, the Colorado Springs Board of Advisors. The Board of Advisors is composed of business and community leaders, child welfare experts, and others who provide leadership, operational guidance and expertise that ensures the organization is well-managed and effective. This includes programmatic insights, as well as fundraising activities and civic involvement.
The Board of Advisors is divided into three committees:
- The Business and Community Committee – Provides leadership with regard to strategy, fundraising, financial performance and business operations.
- The Systems Committee – Ensures effectiveness of program operations and positive relationships with child placement agencies, the Department of Human Services, and the courts.
- The Ministry Committee – Acts as a liaison with the faith communities that provide and strengthen our volunteer teams, and offers prayer and spiritual support for the work we do.
Together, these community leaders provide insight about local laws and culture pertinent to the program.
Business & CommunityCommittee
- Mike Carroll, insurance broker at Northwestern Mutual
- Trudy House, family law attorney at Stinar, Zendejas, Burrell & Welhelmi, PPLC
- Harrison Hunter, financial advisor at Northwester Mutual
- William Johannsen, Retired business owner of C&C Sand and Stone
- LuAnn Long, retired training coordinator and former D-11 School Board President
- Judy McCarty, Fostering Hope volunteer
- Susan Presti, Former Community Relations Director, Colorado Springs Utilities
- Steve Scott, owner of Signature Homes by Steve Scott
- Michele Strub-Heer, philanthropist
- Amy Salisbury-Werhane, marketing professional and non-profit activist
- Tarah King, Vice President at UMB Bank in Colorado Springs
- Jill Bradley, Private practice licensed clinical social worker, Former manager at El Paso County Department of Human Services
- Jennifer Swan, Director at Lutheran Family Services
- Terry Oesterle, Clinical Director at Kids Crossing
- Erik Weitzel, data and finance program manager for El Paso County Department of Human Services
The ministry committee is undergoing re-development for 2021, currently members include:
- Barb Lara, Manager of Client Services /Case Management with Springs Rescue Mission
- Pastor Ken Harmon, New Life Church Pastor of Outreach & Teams
- Deacon Dick Bowles, St. Paul Catholic Church