Fostering Hope is an enduring community of affirmation and support for foster families, restoring the sense of family and belonging that foster children need to thrive. We exist so that:
- foster parents can be at their best,
- children who have experienced the trauma of abuse and neglect can heal, and
- young adults can become the productive citizens they were meant to be.
We believe in the primacy of relationships and the power of unconditional love. Through the loving service of our staff, volunteers, and donors we help foster parents:
- stabilize the home environment,
- enrich the life experience of the children, and
- connect them to the larger community as they grow into adulthood.
To change foster care in America.
At Fostering Hope we strive to build and maintain a culture that is mission centered and respectful of the inherent dignity of every person. As members, we need to be able to respond to the needs of those who have often been left with their needs unmet because of life circumstances (foster children) or their chosen commitments (foster families).
We adhere to these core values/principles:
- We work with foster families – not just kids; not just foster parents – but family units.
- We embrace a bottom – up philosophy.
- We are a learning organization.
- We are optimistic; we believe in the capacity of the human brain, the resilience of the human spirit, and the healing power of caring relationships. Although children in foster care have experienced trauma and deprivation, we are convinced that they can become healthy, productive adults.
- We are goal-oriented.
- We function as part of a team, not as individuals.
- We have a partnership of mutual respect and integrity with our partners in the child welfare system, faith communities, and business community.